Short description of the project:
Euro-active mentorship is a project that fosters Europeanization of high-school students in North Macedonia through mentorship. The one-year mentorship aims to raise awareness on Europeanization and enhance professional capacities of high-school students through various activities.
The mentorship program is based on three components:
- Academy: Students participate in various activities (training, workshop, study visits, conferences, Model of EU simulation, etc.) that broadens their awareness and strengthen professional capacities.
- Project implementation: Students implement small-scale project based on their gained knowledge.
- Networking: program ensures professional networking with various stakeholders (CSOs, universities, international diplomatic organizations, public and private institutions, etc.).
- During the Academy, high school students raise awareness on Europeanization of society and EU integration as most important agenda of North Macedonia.
- The academy also focuses on professional capacity development (preparing CV, letter of motivation, project application & management, civic engagement, advocacy, campaigning, etc.)
- The Academy activities consists of training, workshop, study visits, simulation activities.
- Project implementation is a follow-up phase that aims to share knowledge gained during the Academy cycle.
- Through the small-scale project implementation, students bring EU to their communities.
- The small-scale implementation of project is developed by group of students. During the development of idea, project application and implementation, each group of students will have a mentor to assist them in the process.
- The small-scale project can be consisted of various activities such as workshops, campaign, community action, etc.
- During the whole Mentorship program, the students will have opportunity to broaden their professional network with various institutions.
- The networking will include peer to peer meetings with professional individuals such as diplomats, academics, professionals from international organizations, CSO representatives, etc. from North Macedonia and European countries.
- It also includes information on various opportunities: scholarships, participation to projects (Erasmus +, RYCO).
Period of implementation: Sep 2021 – June 2022
Pilot implementer high school: Yahya Kemal College
Donor: Not any donor. The program is run in voluntary basis.